Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Is This Thing On?

Blogging. It’s like a diary, if you are an exhibitionist. Or a masochist. Or maybe both.
They say writers write. Every day. That’s true. They also eat cereal in the nude while watching cartoons. I have Special K flakes in my navel as we speak. Good luck getting that mental image out of your brain.
I won’t be writing in this blog every day, I promise you. I’ll be using this space as both a mental-throat-clearing outlet and a shameless self-promotion tool. Blog writing, believe it or not, is significantly harder for me than prose writing or script writing. When doing anything else, I have a narrative anchor to keep myself from straying too far afield from my point. But blogging to me seems much more conversational. And as someone who loves conversation, I tend to use the other person in the conversation to help guide the flow. Simply put – without a specific story to tell, I’m usually left with the equivalent of verbal diarrhea. I’m finding that to best utilize this format, I’m recording myself talking. Just babbling about my thoughts on any specific topic, and then transcribing the pithiest things. We’ll see how that goes.
SHAMELESS SELF PROMOTION
Grayhaven Comics (http://www.grayhavencomics.com/) are awesome people who do an anthology project called The Gathering. It features a ton of folks from the Brian Michael Bendis and Gail Simone forums at www.jinxworld.com. I have a story in volume #2 with art by noted internet pretty-boy Pat Loika.  They also have awesome webcomics Monday through Thursday, many of them featuring work by my friends. Check them out.
You can follow me on twitter. @travisholyfield. I really just discovered the joy of twitter, and mostly I am using it to get Kat Dennings to notice me.

Hugs and kisses.
-        (The)Travis

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the world of pain, misery and all-around spastic flailing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah. What Maxx said. Welcome to pain, motherfuckah!

    ReplyDelete