Thursday, November 10, 2011

HAPPY 25TH BLOG!

Congratulate me people! This is my 25th blog entry here.   
As usual, when faced with deadlines and other real world things that keep me from making truly clever blogs, I go to my friends at the Brian M. Bendis board, and ask them for silly questions that I can answer in a silly fashion. And this is what I got this time.
Q: What is the slope and concavity of the graph of x2y + y4 = 4 + 2x at the point (-1, 1)
A: Since y’’ < 0 , the graph is concave down at the point (-1, 1).
I completely admit to cheating on this and looking it up online. But I also suspect that you cheated and looked the question up online, so we’re probably even.


Q:  Axe Cop vs. Dr. McNinja. Who wins?
vs.


I’m going to give this one to Axe Cop. But that’s purely a gut answer based on no real evidence or analysis. The truth is that I won, because I had an excuse to go back and read a bunch of Axe Cop and Dr. McNinja webcomics. So for that, I thank you.

Q: Cyclops vs Rock Brannigan, who's the bigger badass?
A: I’m going to say Cyclops, but that’s because I honestly have no idea who Rock Brannigan is. Also, optic blasts. So there’s that.
Fun fact, though: Despite my love of Scott Summers, I sided with Wolverine in the recent X-Men: Schism miniseries. I’m Team Wolverine, all the way. Although I suspect some of that might have to do with Kitty Pryde being on Team Wolverine. I have had a crush on Kitty Pryde since I was 11 years old.
BLOG BONUS: Here’s a pic of my friend, the lovely and talented Jessie Pridemore, cosplaying as Kitty.


Q: Patrick Warburton's best voice role: Brock Sampson, Rip Riley or Joe Swanson?
A: Joe Swanson, Hands down, no contest. See, as brilliant as Warburton is in everything he does, Family Guy continually lets him scream. And Warburton’s screams of panic/pain/excitement are the best thing ever.



Q: If you could kill someone using one superpower, what would that power be?
A:  Probably Darkseid’s Omega Beam. There are days when I would just love to be able to glare at somebody and then have them be disintegrated where they stand. Because, you know, that’s what they get for fucking with me.



*****
THINGS I HAVE BEEN DOING WHEN I SHOULD HAVE BEEN WRITING DEPARTMENT

I bought Batman: Arkham City. Holy shit that game is fun. Fifteen minutes after typing this up, I finally tracked down the Riddler and punched him in his stupid smug face. If there was a command to shove one of his goddamn question marks up his ass, I would have punched those buttons like I was getting paid for it. But alas, no such luck.
Logic would dictate that having plowed through the story here, I shoould be bat-satisfied for a while. But alas, I also downloaded the Nightwing add-on pack, so stalking bad guys through Wayne Manor and then beating them senseless with escrima sticks is probably going to occupy a lot of my leisure hours for the next few weeks.

***** 
I AM INTERNET FAMOUS
My good and trusted friend Pat Loika recently had me on as guest co-host for his LOIKAMANIA podcast. I got to hang out and talk with Matt Fraction, which made me all giggly and nervous in my pants.
Check out the podcast and enjoy my velvet tones as I ask poor Fraction endless picky nerd questions about The Defenders.

BUY MY COMICS

Featuring “The Hopester Versus Despairicus” written by yours truly, with Art by Pat Loika.


The second horor-themed offering from The Gathering, this one features the story “Jack, Unblinking”, written by me, and drawn by Mr. Chris Page.

You’ll be able to catch plenty of me from Grayhaven in 2012. Chris Page and I have our second story together in the Science Fiction volume (due January), and I have a piece in the Fairy Tale (February) and Silver Age (April) issues as well.
Tune in next time, when I embarrass myself by revealing the pitch for Marvel Comics’ Secret Avengers I came up with one morning at 3:30 AM.

Hugs and Kisses,
(TheTravis)

No comments:

Post a Comment